1.01.2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Happy 2012 all!

In fine tradition, I'm going to make some resolutions!  This year, I'm pretty determined to actually follow through on these.  I mean, I'm going to be 30.  In 14 days.  (*sob*)  It's about time I learned how to follow through on my New Year's Resolutions.  Apparently, the tradition of New Year's Resolutions goes back to ancient Rome.  Like, BC-ancient Rome.  Since I couldn't find any other history to contradict this one, I'll take it.  I wonder how many of the ancient Romans made their Resolutions and subsequently broke them?  Who else is willing to bet that's as long-standing as the tradition to make the Resolutions?  :)

At any rate, I'm going to make some Resolutions for 2012.

1)  I will be a better communicator.  Anyone who is unfortunate enough to be a friend of mine knows that I SUCK at communication.  I don't answer my phone, I don't make calls...essentially, I *kind of* expect everyone else to make the steps, rather than do them myself.  I'm going to get better at not doing that.  Better at not sucking.  ha.  In fact, I've already made a pact with one of the besties to be better at communicating (she sucks too, but nowhere near as much as I do!  ha).  We're going to put in the effort to call one another once every two weeks.  In that same line, I'm going to call my mom more often.  Even if it's just a two-minute check-in phone call, I'm going to call her more often.  I miss her.  Anyone else want to try to talk more?  Huffster, my new computer has a camera - we can Skype!  :)

2)  I will do a better job of appreciating the things I have.  Like most people, I can sometimes have a tendency to think more about what I want than about what I have.  I have a lot.  I have so much more than plenty of other people.  That's something I'd really like to work on.  There's no reason I shouldn't be thankful for what I have.  I'd like to try to kind of carve out a little time every day to think about what I've got, and be thankful or appreciative for it.

3)  I will be a better wife.  Sometimes, I catch myself slipping into Nagtown.  I don't want to be there.  I don't want to be that wife.  I want to be a great wife.  The kind that takes time to show her husband how much she loves him.  I have never subscribed to the "marriage is hard work" mindset.  Despite not believing that, I can believe that it takes hard work to keep yourself a good spouse.  Being married to Mr. P is easy.  He's a dumb boy a lot of the time, but he's so easy to love.  I need to remember that, and make myself easier for HIM to love.

4)  And last but not least.  I'll get my head back in the game.  I've been slacking quite a bit lately - from writing on the blog to tracking my food.  What does that translate into?  Weight gained back.  SO FAR, it's not enough to make me panic, but I know that, if I don't get back on the wagon, it's gonna be trouble.  So this Resolution is to exercise five days a week.  My goal is to do some form of working out Sunday through Thursday, leaving the weekend open for other stuff (like cleaning the house or shopping, both of which still burn calories but aren't a 45-minute workout).  I'm hopeful that the classes offered at work will resume ASAP so that I can take those again.  I miss my yoga!!  :)  On top of the working out, I want to get back on the food tracking train.  In a big way.  I want to be a meal planner, and eat my veggies and stay away from crappy food.  I want to do my weekly grocery shopping mindfully and get only what I need - staying out of those inner aisles that are chockablock full of crap.

This is the year, kids.  I'm determined to make this the year that I take much longer strides with my health and achieve all my goals.  Let's do this.

What are your Resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment