Mother. of. God.

(written Thursday, BTW...I've been taking my time editing)  I'm currently huddled on the floor of my living room.  Huddled because I can't stretch my legs out.  Le sigh.  I guess this is my life, now that I'm a workout queen.  Or goddess.  Whichever you wish to use.


Tuesday's Kettle Bell class whopped my ass big time.  It was a 45-minute class.  The first half hour was okay.  Not too horrible.  It was tough, but not painful or difficult.  I think I've blabbed about the Kettlenetics DVD before.  From what I understand, it's a modification of a kettle bell workout.  It's a pretty great workout - hard to complete for this chubby butt.  :)  A lot of the moves I was doing from the video were actually part of the workout we did.  So, a lot of those were easier, which made those first 30 or so okay.  HOWEVER...the last 15 minutes were hell.  They. Were. HELL.  I'm a stubborn woman (it's an Arnold trade, I've learned...).  It took every last bit of my will to complete this workout.
Here's the thing though.  It was TOTALLY worth it.  The woman who lead the class (Jody, I think...?) had the most amazing arms and shoulders I've ever seen.  Honestly.  Amazing.  I've decided that I'm going to get those shoulders.  Continuing this class is gonna make that happen, baby!
Did I mention that I'm still sore?  Sore but worth it.

Wednesday's yoga class was great!  It was nice and stretchy and awesome.  It didn't take all the sore away, but it definitely helped.  The stretching and relaxing was great.  I'm not so bad at it either.  The crazy Jillian Yoga Meltdown DVD seems to have helped prep me for an actual yoga class.  I even picked up a couple of pose names.  I've got the Sun Salutation I down.  It's hard to move from Downward Dog into Cobra without dropping my belly to the mat right away.  By the end of the hour-long class, though, I was able to do a pretty good job of it without much trouble.  Felt pretty nice.  The only thing that gave me trouble was all the time spent in Downward Dog and other moves that were heavy on having the hands on the ground, taking most of the body weight.  My poor little wrists were tired!  And, I learned that I need to quit using lotion so frequently - my hands were slipping the whole time.  I'm going to try it this week without a mat and see if it's okay on my knees and whatnot.  We'll see.

SO, there you have it.  It's now Sunday night, and I'm a day or two out of being crazy sore, and perfectly ready to get it all started again.  I'll be sure to let you know how week two goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment