2.02.2011

GOD, kid!

So, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.  NO, I woke up on the wrong side of the HOUSE this morning.  Just a tremendous case of the cranks.  Then, it all started sliding downhill.  Shut the alarm off and slept for another 20 minutes.  Didn't have time to do anything with my hair, so I looked like a beggar at work.  Morning meeting where we learned that there are a few things that'll be shaking up the joint - at least for our team.  Another meeting (with COOKIES!  Which I somewhow managed to avoid...10 points for me), then our last SHAPE meeting, which was sad...THEN eventually, the end of the day and we had to bring Cosmo the Dog to the vet.  Stressful for everyone, I guess.

Naturally, after my early morning pbbbbppttttt (that's the sound of a raspberry, in case you didn't know), I had me some greasy, salty goodness for breakfast, in the form of a bacony, eggy, croissant of deliciousness.  And, I refuse to apologize.  Sometimes, you're the oatmeal, sometimes you're the greasy croissant sandwich.  I know that emotional or stress eating isn't a good thing.  That doesn't, however, mean that I don't get to occasionally indulge in it.  The way I see it, I KNOW why I wanted to eat what I wanted to, and that's 3/4 of the battle.  Controlling the craving or desire or whatever you want to call it most of the time is making sure I keep myself in check.

The good news is, for both the parts of this little story, tomorrow's another day.  I WILL wake up on the right side of the bed, or learn to change my attitude if I don't!  And, I'm having oatmeal for breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. Did the greasy, bacony croissant make you feel just a bit better? If it did and you know you aren't going to make it a habit to have that every day then it's an indulgence that works! Instead of, in my case, the irrational mind games that "allow" me to eat ridiculously junky things day after day after day...a work in progress and one of my biggest challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know...it was kind of like "why did I do that?" after I ate it. Not REGRET, but it was definitely a moment when I thought to myself that I didn't really need that. Megs, do you have an emotion or food log that you use, other than the blog?

    ReplyDelete