2.08.2011

Boo

Currently feeling a little down.  I don't know what my deal is.  Perhaps it's the rush of victory dwindling?  Maybe it's a winter's worth of cabin fever really setting in.  I'm not sure.  But I don't like it.  It's not that it makes me feel like stuffing my face or anything - it just kind of makes me feel like my wheels are turning, and I'm not getting anywhere.

Even though I stepped on the scale Monday, and I'm down a couple of pounds from last week, I just feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.  Hmmm.  Maybe that's it?  Maybe I know that I did a pretty crap job of eating well last week, and I'm mopey because I know that sooner or later it's gonna catch up to me?  That definitely keeps me from celebrating my own victory of a couple of pounds lost.  Just knowing that next week it's probably going to go in the opposite direction that I want sucks.

But really, it's my own dang fault.  I knew better when I agreed to pizza for lunch and Culver's for dinner.  I have no one to blame but myself, and that kinda sucks.  Maybe Mr. P just a smidge for not being very helpful.  :)  But no.  Mostly just me.

Fact of the matter is, I need to get it together.  Be more consistent with things like veggie intake and exercise.  Do more meal and schedule planning so that I can know what's coming instead of waiting to the last minute (aka on the way home from work) to figure out what's for dinner.  I know from a little exercise at work that my personality has a smidge of a strugglefest when it comes to actually planning things out ("Perceivers" are better with things like going on a cross-country trip completely unplanned and without any kind of map or saving for the trip or, hey, even a car.  Woooo!).

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Sounds familiar. Pizza, Culvers.... It really is one of the most difficult things when your partner doesn't want to or need to eat healthy with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr P isn't so bad, really. He just has no will power. If I make the suggestion of something less healthy, he's not very good at saying "no, we don't need that - let's have this healthy thing instead." He's SO good at looking at the calories and all that of the stuff we end up eating, though. I like that about him. :)

    ReplyDelete