1.19.2011

Dream on!

That's right.  Comin' out with an Aerosmith right away.

Like Stevie T, I'm dreaming.  I'm dreaming of all the things I'm going to be able to do when I'm all kinds of skinny.  What I'm going to wear, where I'm going to do, how things will be different.

About 7 years ago, I was in college, working at a restaurant in the Mall.  I saw this shirt in The Gap that was SO stinkin' cute!  It had a bright yellow built-in tank top, and an asymetrical bright green t-shirt over the top.  One sleeve was tied to the tank; the other was an off-the-shoulder cap sleeve.  The only trouble with the shirt is that it was about a size small.  SO, I bought a two-blue-toned version of it in the bigger size.  Which I wore until it was too small.  I've had that green and gold number in my closet for SEVEN YEARS.

That shirt is currently hanging up outside my closet at home.  I look at it every morning.  Every morning, it reminds me that I still want to wear it, and I still want to get down to that size.

So, here are some other dreams that I have (in no particular order - time-wise or other):
  • To be able to run on the elliptical.  Not just jog, but RUN
  • To be able to JOG on the elliptical (gotta start somewhere...)
  • To be fit enough to snowboard again
  • To take more than one flight of stairs without getting out of breath
  • To look at myself in pictures and not be disappointed
  • To get completely out of the plus-size section
  • To wear that damn shirt!
  • To not be uncomfortable squishing into a backseat of a car with other people because of my size
  • To be able to get all the way through my kettleball video and not feel like I'm probably gonna die
  • To have kids and be able to chase after them and teach them to grow up healthy
  • To gain a booty from all the dang squats I'm doing!!
  • To teach my dog to run by my (new!!) bike, so that we can both get tons of activity
  • To wear the skirt I wore the first time I met my (now) in-laws (I LOVE that skirt...)
Those are just a couple of goals that I'm thinking of right now.  I'm going to have to revisit this list as time goes on, and (like my favorite list-maker, Sherry of younghouselove.com) cross things off as I accomplish them.  PS - consider the booty one half-crossed-off.  There's definitely more there than was there six months ago.  WHAT UP!?

Anyone out there have any dreams?  Anyone out there at all???  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment