I'm grateful for plenty of things this week.
- Garden stores are my #1 this week. Last week I blabbed about getting two types of Heirloom tomatoes. Guess what, suckas? I got FOUR types - plus good 'ol Early Girls and a cherry. STOKED. Brandywine, Black, Striped German, Yellow Pear (which I suspect is NOT heirloom - Mom?). I'm so ready to be in tomato heaven. Next up: prepping the beds and planting. I can't wait for the weekend!
- TREES! This is playing off #1, but I'll take it. We bought a crabapple tree! I'm so very exited. It looks kind of cold and forelorn out there in the front yard. I kind of want to make sure it's gonna make it before I continue with my "island garden" plan. I'll probably take this year just to look at and love that little tree (and pray my ass off that it lives!!!) and plan what else I want to go around it (perennials, I'm lookin' at you!) for next year. We also pulled our poor little apple out of the hole it was in. The dummies that we bought the house from apparently thought it was a great idea to plant the little bugger almost a foot in the ground. Ummmm...what??? In non-draining clay? Friggin' geniuses. At any rate, we pulled that baby out. We're keeping our fingers crossed that the two little trees will cross-pollinate and we'll have some apples next year!
- The Mountain pose. I'm not even kidding when I say I've pulled this pose a couple of times in the bathroom this last week. There's just something about standing there, thinking about how I'm breathing, to calm me down and make me get back to workin' it.
- Next: LISTS. I'm relying on these more and more lately. Maybe I should rely on my DS Brain Age a little more. HA. Seriously though - I love, love, LOVE lists lately. Every morning, I make a new list. Every afternoon, I assess said list and see where things are at. Then, I make another list. I love lists. I have lists for stuff that needs to happen at home too.
- Better Homes and Gardens. From magazines to cookbooks, to gardening bibles. I adore that publication. Right now, I have two BHG mags, the aforementioned bible, and a cookbook sitting near me. Sticky notes and bookmarks in all of them.
- My Dyson. That little powerhorse kicks some serious ass. We've put it through the ringer this week, and it's still taking it. But, I suppose that's what it's supposed to do, right? Per the commercials and all.
- In the spirit of the Badger Herald, I'll give an Anti-Shout Out (or ASO, for those in the know...) to the weather lately. WTF, man. As if it's not bad enough that my poor little yard is clay-ful and doesn't properly drain from just a little downpour, I also have to deal with constant rain this spring. I'd like to plant my garden sometime soon. That would be great.
Well, that's about it, kids. Have another great week!