2.09.2012

Who IS this girl, and where have I gone?!

Something strange has happened, dear readers.

I enjoy working out!

What the H???  I've never actually enjoyed it.  It's never been anything that I thought about or looked forward to.  Working out was hard work.  You get sweaty, it's hard to breathe.  It takes time away from the things you want to do.  It's painful.  It's not fun.  It's sore and achy and tired the next day.

But it's awesome.  It's such a high after you're done.  You're shaky and need a gallon of water and can't stop talking (at least, that's my jam!).  There's no real way to describe all the highs of working out.  It's just so spectacular.  I love it.  I really do.  For someone who seriously couldn't do a pushup to save my life, I'm now doing a pile of them (full disclosure - they're knee pushups, but I can do a whole lot more of those than the one or two regulars!) at once.  I can do a grip of jumping jacks and CRUNCHES.  Actually do crunches.  It's craziness.

I was in Ohio for work a couple of weeks ago.  First time traveling for work, first time in a hotel room by myself, big meeting the next morning...so I was feeling all out of sorts and jittery.  Instead of taking a quick dash across the street to get some bad-for-me snack food, what did I do?  Jumping jacks, pushups, lunges, squats, and crunches!  I just couldn't sit still, so I turned on the Kardashians (promptly turning OFF the sound...yikes) and got to it.  I was all tired after the 20 minutes or so that I was working it, and went to bed feeling good.  It was pretty great.

Craziness that I like.  :)

I didn't workout today or yesterday.  I'll be blaming Tuesday's kettle bells class for kicking my ass something fierce.  However, I can't let that take all the blame.  I'm feeling much better today.  I miss it.  I feel kinda itchy or like I'm full of nervous tension without it.  It's a really weird feeling.  Not that I'm doing anything about it, mind you.  ha.

Anyway.  Just a quick report on that.

Adios, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment